In order to succeed in life, you’ve got to start and keep thinking big. Note: A thick skin is a must if you’re ever to survive at thinking big. There’ll always be haters out to pull you down every chance they get, especially if your ideas and plans are brilliant. These guys will say and do stuff that, if you’re not thick-skinned, could have you quitting in no time.
Advice On Thinking Big
The trick is to not get affected, hence, the thick skin. After all, individuals experiencing the most success are those who faced challenges head-on. Ignore the negativity. Another option is to simply keep your business to yourself.
How do you think big?
- Dare to unleash your creativity – The imagination has no bounds. Your mind is capable of creating different ideas. However, being an adult likely had you ignoring or stifling your creative juices, which is so wrong. Your creativity might be your ticket out of mediocrity. Set it free.
- Nothing could be easier – Aside from the usual tools for mass communication, people now also have the Internet. It’s made going global super easy. Basically, all you need to pull it off: succeeding at the local level. Success enjoyed there can then be spread to other places.
- Devote time daily to big thoughts contemplation – Take a few minutes every day to come up with awesome ideas. In case you’ve already got something in mind, spend time to figure out ways to realize it and continue perfecting it. Make this brainstorming time a daily habit. Spare half an hour before bedtime for a “wild mind” session, allowing your imagination to run free.
- Consider the “what if” scenario when opting to think small – There’s greater regret for things not done than for stuff you did that failed. Not even trying can be the worst feeling. Think how it would feel a decade from now. Pain can often be the single strongest motivator. Consider the level of pain you’d be in if you refused to act today.
- Step out of your particular comfort zone – If it’s not the least bit uncomfortable, you’re still stuck thinking small. If something feels okay, chances are you’re busy doing it already. If it’s being done, you’re not likely to get to the next level with it. Achievement of anything always involves a bit of discomfort, and dealing with discomfort is something you need to learn. Nothing is impossible if you’re armed with loads of motivation.
- Take a cue from your emotions – You can tell something promises to be a hit when you’re brimming with optimism. Continue to think until you stumble on to an idea that really gets you going, and then think some more and find out if you come up with anything better. Many adults end up being too practical and logical. Realize that you’re capable of more so you can pull off things that are truly exciting.
Most people underestimate their capabilities and wind up thinking too small. They constantly worry about being overly successful as well as failing. The world could always use people’s ideas, and they need to think big if they’re ever to realize their potential. If you want a fun, fulfilling, and interesting life, you’ve got to think big. It’s the only way to live life without regrets.